A Prestige Brands Company
A Healthy Outlook for the Future
Fleet Laboratories, a leader in innovative personal health and beauty care products, has an immediate opening for the following position at our manufacturing plant located in Lynchburg, VA.
Medical Communications Specialist
The Medical Communications Specialist will be responsible for receiving, processing and reporting safety related contacts from consumers, health care professionals, distributors or other partners. The Fleet Contact Center is potentially the first point of contact for reported Adverse Drug Events and Reactions and is therefore a critical step in the data collection process and plays a major role in the Pharmacovigilance System. Understanding the rules and regulations surrounding Safety reporting is critical to the role of the Medical Communications Specialist.
• Engage each reporter with the utmost honor, care and concern to document, process and report safety related contacts within the specified allowable timeframes
• Follow Good Pharmacovigilance Practices and remain current with all applicable Pharmacovigilance Regulations
• Appropriately handle adverse events and reactions
• Ensure that all applicable Pharmacovigilance Policies and Procedures are being followed.
• Communicate with FDA and other Health Authorities
• Maintain robust product knowledge
• Support the needs of the Quality Department in handling quality evaluations for safety cases
• BA/BS degree in Pharmacy, Nursing or other medically related field
• Licensed to practice in nursing, pharmacy, medical technology, medicine (human or veterinarian), or as a coroner
• Must have a minimum of three – five years clinical experience
• Proven critical thinking and problem solving skills
For consideration please e-mail resume with salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for accepting resumes will be Friday, January 12, 2018.
We appreciate your interest in Fleet Laboratories. While we cannot respond to all inquiries, we will contact the qualified candidates whom we determine are the most suitable for the position. EOE M/F/D/V
Location/Region: Lynchburg, VA (US - 24501)